Sunday, November 4, 2007

Feedback

I think the reason why I haven't finished tweaking my book is because I have no feedback. I am so insecure about my writing. I need constant "okays" otherwise I feel like I am doing something horribly wrong and when my book lands on the hands of a publisher, he/she will call everyone into the office and they'll read a couple of my paragraphs and have a great laugh ending with the publisher sighing in a bit of aggravation, "Everyone thinks they can write" and then tosses my book into a wastepaper basket then throwing the styrofoam coffee cup holding a small amount of coffee in it and the remains of the beverage rolling onto the book, right over it's title.
Then the book lies in the wastepaper basket in a totally pathetic and undignified position until the janitor picks it up at the end of the day.
He is intrigued and prepares to read it. He grabs the cloth rag hanging on the side of his maintenance workers uniform. He wipes the coffee off of the title page, looks around to make sure no one spots him slacking off. He sits in the plush, leather publisher's chair and begins to read but he is quickly bored and says with a smirk on his face, "Everyone thinks they can write." He reaches into the bottom of his cart and takes out a manila envelope . It is his book titled, "Maintaining my life". He places it on the top of the pile of manuscripts.
The next morning the publisher picks it up and begins to read. He is totally entranced by the book and calls his assistant to find the author of the book. The assistant nods in obedience and rushes out of the office to perform the task of tracking down the writer. The publisher smiles like a cheshire cat and is pleased that he has the next best seller in his possession.

No comments: